Valuable assets such as expensive equipment, trailers or vehicles with special capabilities requiring specially trained drivers, should be protected from loss and theft in a business. If any of these are lost, it can pose a potential threat to the company. Therefore, it is very important to secure such expensive assets for financial reasons as well as public safety. Therefore, investing in a net based remote asset management can give you real-time location of your assets that can help in saving money and avoid dangerous situations. As a business owner, it is not possible for you to supervise everything at once. With your employees always on the move, the task of managing, tracking and making a note of all assets in the field can be troublesome. But with asset tracking, you can boost your business with an automatic 24/7 monitoring system that can be relied on.
With advanced hardware, the features of the asset tracking system are all set to give you all the safety measures that your business needs:
- Sensors: With built-in motion sensors, it becomes easier to understand whether your asset is moving and where is it.
- Communication: Through the Internet and text message technology, you can get an access to secure and rapid data.
- Alerts: You can set up automatic alerts after stipulated time intervals, say 15 minutes so that you can get updates whenever you want.
- Loss prevention: If your asset is stolen or damaged, you can know it instantly with customised alerts.
- Employee safety: You can maximize your safety measurement with remote asset management to keep an eye on employee safety.
- Assessment of performance: With asset tracking, you can monitor the performance of all your employees; from the contractual ones to the regular.
- Saves time: With data power and automatic remote asset management, you need to spend less time in managing your assets and thus, you can focus on other aspects of improving your business.
Reasons Why You Should Install it
Many business owners use the GPS tracking systems to increase productivity and save costs. These can save the transport of the company from misuse and theft. If any unauthorized person or even your employee tries to use the company’s car for his own benefit, you can instantly get to know about it. Many insurance companies these days offer lower premiums for a vehicle that have GPS for vehicle tracking, and you can get discounted insurance rates of about 35%. Insurance companies acknowledge the business concern which tries to improve safety and responsibility of the driver, and thus they reward them. There are even some tax concessions for business concerns who buy and install GPS track and such other gadgets under the 2008 Federal Economic Stimulus Act.
Besides motion detection, navigation and finding location, fleet GPS tracking also helps drivers with a number of valuable services like satellite navigation and service location that makes the task of delivering items simpler and trouble-free. A company that relies on vehicles for customer service needs to co-ordinate delivery routine tables effectively and keep the track of driver’s location and mileage while they are out for delivery. Any harmful movement or unauthorised handling of the vehicle triggers the alarm to inform the business owner of the suspicious gesture.